This page provides some useful resources about computer vision (CV).
(Stay tuned, as I will update the content on this page while I plow and grow in my deep learning garden:))
- Szeliski, R. (2010). Computer vision: algorithms and applications. Springer Science & Business Media. (book website; PDF link) . [MIT, UCBerkeley, Princeton CV course primary textbook]
- Forsyth, D. A., & Ponce, J. (2012). Computer Vision: A Modern Approach (2nd Edition). Prentice Hall. The first edition with the same book title was published on 2003. [MIT, UCBerkeley CV course secondary textbook]
- Prince, S. J. (2012). Computer vision: models, learning, and inference (book website; PDF link). Cambridge University Press.
- Fisher, R. B., Breckon, T. P., Dawson-Howe, K., Fitzgibbon, A., Robertson, C., Trucco, E., & Williams, C. K. (2014). Dictionary of computer vision and image processing. John Wiley & Sons.
- Hartley, R., & Zisserman, A. (2003). Multiple view geometry in computer vision. Cambridge university press.
- Marr, D. (1982). Vision: A computational investigation into the human representation and processing of visual information. MIT Press. Cambridge, Massachusetts. (book website)
- Bishop, C. (2006).Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning, Springer. (book website, PDF link)
- Wilson, J. N., & Ritter, G. X. (2000). Handbook of computer vision algorithms in image algebra (2nd edition). CRC press.
Top and major CV conferences
- IEEE CVPR (Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition) — (1985 – present) — CVF open access
- IEEE ICCV (International Conference on Computer Vision) — (1987 – present)– CVF open access
- ECCV (European Conference on Computer Vision)
- British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC) — (1990 – present)
Top and major CV journals
- IEEE PAMI (Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence) — (1979 – present, monthly) [SCI indexed] (the best journal in computer vision)
- IJCV (International Journal of Computer Vision)– (1987 – present) [SCI indexed; Springer]
(IJCV is typically considered on par with T-PAMI which is the best journal in computer vision. Review time should be ~4-5 months for first set of reviews and ~12-14 mo for final publication. A good way to get an estimate of time would be to browse through the recently published articles here –they list submitted date and publication date)
- Pattern Recognition Letters — (1982 – present) [wiki intro page] (SCI indexed; Elsevier; review speed)
- Pattern Recognition — (1968 – present) [wiki intro page] (SCI indexed; Elsevier ; review speed)
- IEEE Transactions on Image Processing (TIP)— (1992 – present) [SCI indexed]
- Computer Vision and Image Understanding (1995 – present, Formerly known as CVGIP: Image Understanding) (SCI indexed; Elsevier; review speed)
- Image and Vision Computing –(1983 – present) [SCI indexed; Elsevier; review speed]
- Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision— (1992 – present) [SCI indexed; Springer]
- Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation (1990 – present) [SCIE indexed; Elsevier; review speed]
- Machine Vision and Applications–(1988 – present) [SCIE indexed; Springer]
- IEEE Transactions on Computational Imaging — (2015 – present) [SCIE indexed]
- Pattern Analysis and Applications — (1998 – present) [SCIE indexed; Springer]
References and Further Reading List
- Keith Price’s Annotated Computer Vision Bibliography at VisionBib.Com
- Top publications – Computer Vision & Pattern Recognition. Google Scholar
- A curated list of awesome computer vision resources (People in Computer Vision)
- Top Conferences for Image Processing & Computer Vision (PDF) [from guide2research.com]
- How to write a good CVPR submission (PDF here in case the link is not retrievable)– Bill Freeman (MIT)
- How to Write a Computer Vision Paper (PPT, PDF) – Derek Hoiem (UIUC)
- How to Get Your CVPR Paper Rejected? (by Ming-Hsuan Yang, UC Merced) — (PPT, PDF)
- How to Write Good Reviews for CVPR? (by CVPR 2019 Program Chairs Derek Hoiem, Gang Hua, Abhinav Gupta, and Zhuowen Tu) — (PPT, PDF)
- Acceptance rate for the main AI conferences (Github –PDF; Acceptance rate with more details – PDF)
- WACV (IEEE Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision)
- Check if a journal is SCI, SCIE, SSCI, EI, ISI indexed (Search for SCI journals, Search for SCIE journals)