Dr. Liping Yang is offering two (1 Ph.D. and 1 Master) funded, full-time graduate scholarships in geospatial data science and geospatial artificial intelligence. Particular topics of interest include
- Novel methods for analyzing structured and unstructured geospatial data (such as text and images),
- Information and image retrieval for geographic and historical data,
- Exploratory search user interfaces powered by computer vision
and machine learning,
- Artificial intelligence for geographic knowledge discovery,
- Spatial representation and reasoning.
Students working with Dr. Liping Yang, will have great opportunities for summer interns and/or graduate assistantships at Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL); after graduation (with proper qualification), can be recommended to work at LANL.
To apply and for more Ph.D. and M.S. positions in GIScience and geography available at the Department of
Geography and Environmental Studies at the University of New Mexico, please check out the PDF here.
Note that Application Deadlines for Fall Admissions:
MS: February 1 (check here)
PhD: January 15 (check here)
We look forward to reviewing your applications!
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Information Sciences group
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Assistant Professor of Geographic Information Science (starting January 2020)
Department of Geography and Environmental Studies
University of New Mexico
research blog: http://deeplearning.lipingyang.org/