This page provides some useful resources (books and courses) with Python. (See this post for text processing related resources, and this post for a collection of python packages and related resources)
- An Introduction to Python (See here for all other topics from Cornell Virutal Workshop, pdf)
Python is a programming language designed with ease of programming and readable code as its foremost goals. Python has risen to prominence in scientific computing as the ideal tool for doing data conversions, scripting parameter studies, and in facilitating the scientific workflow. In this online course, a quick overview of the language is presented, along with a few tricks to maximize the utility of Python for engineering and science modeling.
- Python for High Performance (See here for all other topics from Cornell Virutal Workshop, pdf)
While Python is a scripting language, it has plenty of facilities for high performance computing. This article covers some of its features and libraries that are particularly helpful when moving scientific code to a large cluster resource. It also includes specific recipes for compilation and execution on the TACC clusters.
- Book: Python Programming for the Humanities by Folgert Karsdorp and Maarten van Gompel (e.g., Chapter 3 deals with preprocessing text.)
- Course: (TOC of) Computational Statistics in Python (e.g., Basics of Python, Working with text, Preprocessing text data)
- (Fundamental) Python 3 Programming Introduction Tutorial – basics (pythonprogramming.net)
- Intermediate Python Programming introduction (pythonprogramming.net)
- Python 2 Tutorial (python-course.eu)
- Python 3 Tutorial (python-course.eu)
- Advanced Topics (python-course.eu)
- Good website about Python resources
- pythonprogramming.net (Robotics tutorials, Data analysis tutorials, Tokenizing Words and Sentences with NLTK, machine learning tutorials)